Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sledgehammer!

At work today there was a power blip. Not quite an outage. Just enough to mess up the computer equipment. I had to re-start all the electronics. Which sounds easy enough. Until you realize that I don't work in this store enough to know WHERE said electronics are! Specifically, the modem. I spent 20 minutes on my hands and knees poking around under cabinets and following wires to no purpose. However, I DID find the main switch for ALL the power in the store. Reasoning that the modem had to be plugged in (wherever the stupid thing was) I tripped the main breaker and then re-started the electronics.

Ta Da! It works. Eppure si muove. Or something.

Definitely using a sledghammer to kill the fly , but I was at my wits end. Not that my wits are that long to begin with.....

Ciao