Saturday, January 13, 2007

Knitting Bits

I am about to start my uber-work week. That means that next week I will be working 50+ hours. So blog-fodder may be a little thin on the ground here.

However, I do have some knitting for your entertainment.

My confetti sock continues. I had it farther along, had even turned the heel. However, the heel fit funny. That's a technical term. I think I started it too early. So I took it swimming in the pond and am knitting the foot a little longer.

I also decided that I needed a journal to keep track of my knitting bits and pieces. Like how many stitches I cast on for this sock, for example. If I put this baby down and come back to it days or weeks later, I might not remember stuff I need to. Hence, a journal.


A closer look reveals that it is rather appropriate. (according to the hubby anyway)I spent a whole $5 on this. They were clearing out some odds and ends.

The Rowan linen print was included for hmmm....yarnosity? Is that a word? Besides, aren't the colours just lovely? I've been fondling this for a couple of days now. I have 10 skeins , which works out to around 600 yards. So, enough for a tank top, I think. Especially as it knits up around 13 stitches per 4 inches. The problem is deciding which tank top! Any favourites out there? Preferably something knit in the round for minimal finishing....(although others will be considered)

Ciao