Monday, January 08, 2007

A Brittney sighting!

I am having fun using my new Brittney spears. (that's what my sister christened the new Brittney dpn's!)

That's right. I finished a pair of socks and have already cast on for another pair. I am using some yarn gifted to me for my birthday. It's Confetti superwash yarn. Self-striping. This time around I used the magic cast on from Knitty, as suggested by Laura. (Thanks!) This avoids the provisional cast on that I used for my first pair of toe up socks. The magic cast on is not difficult, yet it took me 3 tries to get it right. The first time I cast on the total mumber of stitches, forgetting that I would need to do some increases for the correct shape. The second time I did the increases wrong. (On the bottom for the foot, if you must know.) Third time appeared to be the charm.

My husband walked by while I was struggling with the cast on and commented that it looked like I was either doing a Chinese puzzle or finger-wrestling sticks! I admit, it does look pretty awkward. Especially if you don't know what you are doing. (That would be me)

All awkwardness aside, it does work, and having done it three times now, I can say that it is pretty easy.

And now, a gratuitous kitty picture. Here is AJ, my MIL's cat at Christmas.


"Wow! Is all this stuff for me?!"

Ciao