Friday, December 01, 2006

Making it Work

I decided to try out the lace pattern for my sock on big yarn. Mostly because I decreased the number of stitches since I have a small, delicate ladies foot. Ok, it's a size 6, that's still small, right? Good thing I did because I found an omission in the pattern! There are some normal stockintte stitches before and after the lace pattern. I figured I would just decrease those and the lace would remain untouched. A good plan. As I was working my through the pattern, I realized that on the last line, the "filler" stockinette stitches were missing! I added them in and it worked fine. Whew! Dodged that one. I can't imagine trying to figure it out on fiddly sock yarn... So here's a pic of the lace:

There are actually 2 lace patterns on this sock. On the upper right of the pic is the cat-face. On the lower left is the paw-print. It doesn't show up great in this yarn, but that wasn't the point of using this yarn anyway! It should be good in the sock yarn.