Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Nightlight

I like Christmas lights. They are pretty and add some sparkle to early, dreary evenings in December.

I do have a problem. The wingnut who designed our house put the master bedroom at the front of the house. This did not present a problem until the last couple of years. The old neighbour across the street moved out and a new one moved in. He has a rather large Christmas light display. See:

I know it's not as big as some, but it generates enough light that I can read a book in my bedroom. With our lights off! I have put heavy duty hotel-grade light blocking liner on our curtains. There is still lots of light leaking around the curtain edges. Short of tacking the curtain directly to the wall, this is as good as it gets.

So this is a plea to all home builders out there-please pu the master bedroom at the BACK of the house! I know that is going to be a feature I look for in the next home I live in.

Ciao

P.S. The reindeer with his head up? It moves. Very creepy....