Saturday, September 16, 2006

Thank goodness

Ha! i have vindication. That the company I used to work for is a bad, bad company. They break the law. For those of you new to this blog, I quit my job on July 20,2006. I did not have another job to go to, I simply couldn't stand working for this company anymore. I finally received my ROE (record of employment) on September 15,2006. That's 8 weeks after my quit date. I recieved my notice that my benefits were terminated 1 week after my quit date. Legally, here in Canada, the ROE is supposed to be sent out within 1 week of the last day of work. That's because it is needed to apply for govenment benefits such as unemployment insurance. (yeah, yeah, they call it employment insurance now...whatever).

Thank the powers that be that I didn't need to apply for anything that needed the ROE!

However, it clearly shows that the company is not interested in doing the right thing. Not even if mandated by law! I have left several employers over the years, and I have never had one take this long to send out the ROE. Never.

Just another point of evidence that I am indeed better off not working for that company.

Ciao