Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Progress...I hope.

I have been working on Clapotis. Really. I have. See:

Actually, I am 1/3 of the way through. I just finished the first of 3 skeins of yarn for this.

I have a new "knitting at work" project. I needed something small and easy to pick up and put down in between customers. So here it is:


It's a fingerless glove from the One Skein book. Basically, you knit a garter square and stitch the sides together to make a tube. Leaving a hole for the thumb, of course. There are a few sections of drop stitches across the back to give it some give across the knuckles. I'm doing it in a self-striping yarn. Since it is knit side to side, the stripes will run the length of the hand from the wrist to fingers. So I am calling it my "racing stripe driving gloves". As I started knitting it up, I wasn't sure I would like it, but now that I am further along, I thing I DO like it.

I am debating starting a new pair of socks. But I want to try a fingerless glove pattern in the round as well. The pattern would also give me chance to try cables as well. /which I have never tried. Would it be too much, I wonder? So I am vacillating between the 2. So many choices. So little knitting time. I will mull it over as I continue to slave away at the Clapotis.

Ciao