Sunday, September 24, 2006

Oh Snap!

And I mean that in the #$%^&* bleep! bleep bleepity bleeping bleep sense! Check out this pic of my second Fetching fingerless glove:

Do you see that? The cable right in the middle right AT THE VERY BEGINNING is backwards. ARGHH! I noticed last night after several hours of knitting. I simply did not have the wherewithal in me last night to attempt to fix it. Today I am going to attempt to fix it by unravelling those 4 stitches and re-knitting them. In other words, surgery. If it doesn't work, then it's to the frog pond we go. So much for planning to get these done by the end of today....sigh..the best laid plans of mice and men...

I will keep y'all apprised of the surgery and how the patient does....

Ciao

EDIT:

Surgery has been attempted and finished:


I found the Yarn Harlot's tutorial on how to fix this very helpful. Although she suggested doing the fix with needles one size smaller, I went down from a #6 to a #2. Only because that was the only smaller size needle I own. I must say that I am glad I did go down so far, though. It would have been much harder with #5's! It was difficult enough as it was. But I did it! *dances with glee*