Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The triumphant return

Today was my first day back at work after a 24 day absence. The very first thing I noticed was that the lady who should have been working the 1-9 shift left me a note saying she felt ill and wouldn't be in on wednesday. Leaving me looking at a 12.75 hour day on my first day back! Eeeeeeek! Fortunately I found someone willing to come in for a 5-9 shift. Naturally that means the mountain of paperwork is not getting done. Then my area manager stopped in and we had a short little meeting. Having impromptu meetings with your boss always such fun! And last, but not least, I had to give a customer the (metaphorical) boot for harassing a staff member. Repeatedly. To tears.

Ah! It's good to be back. I think. Maybe. Who am I kidding? The only good thing about going back to work is that it is air-conditioned!