Tuesday, July 04, 2006

More adventures in hearing



Ok, it's not the best picture, but since I am not a professional, it'll have to do! This is a picture of one of my new hearing aids. Which has a neat/weird feature. I was sitting around doing my thing when I heard a double beep on the right side. It didn't repeat and my hubby didn't say anything about hearing strange sounds so I put it down to my hearing a new sound with the new aids. Then a little later it repeated. I asked the hubby if he heard a double beep. He looked at me and said "no, why do you ask?" So I decided to turn the right aid off and see what happened. At which point I realized that the aid had gone silent because the battery was dead! So the beep was the aid trying to tell me to put in a new battery! I didn't realize this was a feature. Kinda neat. Although I can usually tell whan the batttery goes....eventually I realize the world is really quiet...and peaceful....hmmm maybe being hard of hearing is not so bad...