Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hard at Work

Supposedly this week I am on vacation. Riiiight. I had to take Raven for an minor injury to the vet. It appears idjit sprained his hip doing something dumb. Which I totally believe. He jumps up on things without making sure there is a landing spot. He runs into the kitchen at such a speed that he loses traction and can't make the corner. Thus skidding on his side across the floor.

I just spent the last 2 days steam cleaning my carpet. There was a deal where you get 2 days for the price of one, if you rent on a monday. So that's what I did. This way I moved all the furniture over to one side of the room, cleaned it, waited for it to dry and then shoved all the furniture to the other side and cleaned that. Now I am exhausted.

I did not feel up to a lace pattern or anything dimly complicated. So, I swatched for my tilted duster. Unfortunately, the yarn I was thinking of using is too thin. It made a very lightweight, fuzzy swatch.
Swatch on number 10 needles
That is a picture of the swatch on my newly cleaned rug. I don't know how to photograph for substantialness (or lack thereof) so you will have to take me at my word. Not the right yarn for the job. Maybe for this. (Lacy Wraparound from Fitted Knits). Yes, I probably should have known that the yarn wasn't right. My only defense is that I was exhausted from wrestling the steamer around.

I finished cleaning the rug around 3:30 today. By 6pm, Pagan had already horked up a furball on my rug. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Ciao