Friday, April 18, 2008

Tabata Results

It's been 19 days on my health-conscious program. It consisted of 2 parts. The 'grandma Diet" and tabata exercise.

The grandma diet is one I made up myself. If a grandma wouldn't recognize it as food, don't eat it. That has the effect of cutting out most junk food. Although things like chocolate and strawberries with brown sugar & sour cream are fine. Basically, mostly highly processed crap gets cut out.

The tabata was to be done 3 times a week. I did miss 2 workouts, so I did not adhere perfectly.

I wasn't obsessing over the scale, although I did lose 2 pounds. I measured myself on March 30 and again today (April 18). I lost an inch in the bust (boo) and an inch on my waist (yay). My hips stayed the same.

I'm going to be brave and show you...

The front shot does not show much difference really. But you can see that Raven wanted in on the picture both times.
The pictures from the side show that the tummy has shrunk a bit.

The waistband doesn't cut in as much.

I guess the upshot is that I should continue. I will try.