Monday, February 12, 2007

Momentum

I am gaining momentum.

I have almost reached the point at which I decided to frog the last time. I'm much happier with how it looks this time around. I think I will call the first attempt the practice run. After all, whenever learning something new, one should practice, right? And since this is the first complicated (and only the 2nd ever) lace pattern I have tried, one could say a little practice was in order, right?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I am liking these Aero dpn's, I'm surprised to say. I bought them because they were the only ones I could find in my backwater of a knitting town that were the required size. But they are working out quite well. They are rigid enough that I don't feel like I am going to snap one when doing a k3tog and pointy enough for said stitch as well. The only thing I don't like is that they come in sets of 4, not 5. Oh well, what do ya want for $3.50, right?

Now I'm off to buy the "secret ingredient" for my Irish Stew. Can't guess it? Oh come on, it's obvious....fine, fine, I'll tell you (whispers quietly) "Guiness"

Ciao