Monday, February 18, 2008

Experimental Experience

Yesterday I promised you a review of the Tortilla Pie.

It was pretty easy to put together. When it came out of the oven it looked like this:
So far so good. Next operation to occur was to remove the springform pan:

That went well also. I cut it up and put it onto plates (which I didn't take pictures of).

Now for the real test...how does it taste?

Honestly? A little bland. It had a spicy bite to it (how could it not with the jalapeno), but overall the flavour was very..bland. It was edible, so it wans't a complete flop, but it was missing something. I tried putting sour cream on it. I tried salsa. I tried both. Still bland. As I was eating it all I could think was,"This is missing something." But I am unable to think of what.

So, not a complete failure, but not a resounding success either. I don't think I'm going to be making it again. Oh well, onto the next experiment....falafels! Idea courtesy of Bezzie.

But not for a couple of days. I have to work tomorrow and then I'll have to do groceries to pick up the fixins.