Saturday, August 26, 2006

Life as an itinerant knitter

This week I spent a fair bit of time working. That's good for the bank balance, not so good for the knitting time. sigh. However I did manage to get some knitting done. To whit:

This is supposed to be the first of a set of fingerless gloves. It's a neat dropstitch pattern found in the "One Skein" book. The yarn is very soft and a great colour. However, there is NO give in it. Knitting the dropstitches up is quite difficult. Since there is no give to the yarn, the glove part looks really nice, and feels really nice, but there is no stretch to it. Which means it would be a bear to actually put on. So this is destined for a trip to the pond. Ribbit! Ribbit! I think it might be reincarnated as a scarf down the road. I'm going to have to make another trip to my LYS to find something more suitable. Gosh darn it.

Now I am off to nurse my headache. My 2 day long headache. That woke me up in the middle of the night with the pain. The one that only goes away when I take Tylenol #3's. that then gives ne a stomachache. No winning around here.

Ciao!