Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It Burns!

Yeouchiwawa!

Did my first set of Tabata squats today. Best number-14. worst number-10. Not too bad for a first attempt.

I found a free online timer. The volume is regulated by my computer, so I can crank it (if I don't mind waking the house!) there is a choice of sounds and the timer changes colour depending on where in the cycle you are. The sound choices are good because one of them is a buzzer that can be set for either 1 buzz or 3 buzzes. The pulsing buzz is particularly good for me as I will be listening for the 3 pulse for the buzzer. Sometimes a single pulse gets lost in my tinnitus, so a pulse is best, I've found.

I wasn't trying for the fastest sets today, just complete, accurate squats. Which is just as well, since by the last set I was pushing it hard to just do a squat, never mind do it fast!

After the workout and cool down, brainiac that I am, I decided that I had to take my contacts out. Which meant walking up stairs. That was fun....

Ciao for now!