Saturday, July 28, 2007

What to do?

I got up yesterday morning all ready for my day of appointments. First up, 8:30 to pick up an FM system to use with my hearing aids. I look out my window at 8:15 because I hear an odd noise. Turns out the city has decided to do road repairs. Right in front of my house. At exactly the time most people would be going to work. What pisses me off is that my car was parked in full view and no-one bothered to come tell me I would be blocked into my house. I went out and asked the workmen if they could stop for a minute so I could pull out the car. They were gracious at that point and actually stopped traffic so I could pull out of my driveway. But really! A little common sense would have been nice. A few minutes later, this was the view from my door.

Good thing I noticed before they had the road torn up at the end of my driveway.

I spent the rest of the day running around. At the end, I looked like this:

So, no knitting occurred. Maybe today.....

ciao