Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The verdict is in.....

The top is done and it is wearable! yay!






































This is Coachella from Knitty. Done up in Mission Falls 1824 Cotton. It took 5 balls with a good dash left over. I did a couple of modifications. I put edging around the armholes al la Knitting Spaz and did 1x1 ribbing around the bottom because the twisted stockinette was too firm for my taste.


I ripped this thing back 3 separate times. The first time was for the bust shaping I didn't need. The second was becasue I wanted it longer. The third was because I ddin't like the twisted stockinette bottom. I think next time I would decrease a few stitches in the front. It feels a little big around the waist. Not enough to really bother me, but it could stand some improvement.

As a side note, I am wearing a convertible bra with the straps done up in "x" mode.

On the bright side, I can now fit into my "skinny" jeans. They are tight. But wearable. YIPPEE!

Ciao