Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my birthday. I'm gonna party, party, party! Okay, maybe just 1 party. But it'll be fun!

Interesting things that happened on my birthday:
On July 5

1. In 1946, the bikini was introduced in Paris, France.
2. 1951 - William Shockley invents the junction transistor
3.1954 - Elvis Presley has his first commercial recording session. He sang That's All Right (Mama) and Blue Moon of Kentucky. Widely considered to be the birth of Rock and Roll.
4. 1975 - Arthur Ashe becomes the first black man to win the Wimbledon singles title.

People that share my birthday:

1.1675 - Mary Walcott, American accuser at the Salem witch trials
2.1810 - P.T. Barnum, American circus owner (d. 1891)
3.1943 - Robbie Robertson, Canadian guitarist (The Band)
4.1946 - Paul Smith, British fashion designer
5.1976 - Marina Dias, Brazilian model

A holiday that shares my birthday:

Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).

I must say that I had never heardx of the Church of Sub-Genius, but it appeals in a very silly way!

I'm off to drink strawberry margaritas.....

Ciao