Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Working my Behind off

Now if only my behind would shrink......This week I am doing a 49 hour week. Which makes having my car out of service for the past 3 days more than a little inconvenient. Saturday afternoon, I had to jury rig it. Actually, I sent the hubby out to jury rig it.

The car window decided to not roll all the way back up. And it's a power window. The annoying part is that it didn't do this until saturday afternoon, long after all the garages have closed. Well, except for Crappy Tire, but I'm not taking my car there. And to put the icing on the metaphorical cake, sunday weather forcasts were calling for rain. Which we got, as you can see in the photo.

So, what's a girl to do? Duct tape, of course. So my car was ghetto-licious.

On monday we brought the car in and the garage said they'd have to order the part. Which we expected. The part came in tuesday , but when they installed it, it didn't work. so they had to order a replacement for the replacement. THAT came in wednesday (ie today) and finally I have my car back.

But it does mean my knitting time has been severely curtailed as I have been walking to and from my (thankfully) relatively close worksites. And the time I was home, I was tired. The walking isn't too bad, it's putting it on top of long working days. Which I am doing all week. Sigh.

time for a nap

Ciao