Saturday, March 10, 2007

Alive!

After a comfy night's sleep, I believe I can safely say I am alive and willing to stay that way. The last week has been VERY busy. And next week promises to be as busy, too. However, there has been knitting going on. Work-knitting to be exact.

The work on my Twisty Turns wrap continues. It makes a good project to take to work. There are no tricky bits, so I can put it down whenever there is work to do and not have to spend an hour trying to figure out where I was! I haven't measured it yet, but I think I'm about half-way done. Give or take a bit.

In other news, my passport finally showed up. 6 weeks to the day I sent it in. The so-called standards that have been suspended because the government couldn't be bothered to plan ahead state that I should have had it in 3 weeks. But at this point, I don't care. I have it, it's good for 5 years, so there!

And your laugh for the day. I have both a cellphone and a landline from Bell. On both of my"instruments" I have instructed their customer service not to call me. They have this policy where they will call you quarterly to see if you are happy. I hated that and asked to be put on the do not call list. Which they did. Recently, we cancelled my hubby's cellphone as he never used it. Yesterday the cellphone branch of the company called me at home, on my landline, while I was at work, to see if I was satisfied with my service. My husband asked them why, if they were the cellphone company, they were calling me on my landline? The response? "Because she asked us not to call her on her cell-phone"!

Ciao!