Monday, October 23, 2006

Small progress

I went to Toronto this weekend for the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival. It wasn't bad. I did score a couple of things that I wanted. However, it was more geared to crapbooking (I'm not sure how "needle" applies to that!) and quilting. Still, it was a nice afternoon looking at things and doing a little shopping. Plus they had some great lemonade at a stand in there!

I did get some knitting done. To whit:



















On the left, we have my serviceman sock. Done up to the end of the heel-flap. I think it's an eye-of-partridge. For those of you who want to know, one row is k, the next row is sl1,p1.
On the right we have my new cable project....a beer cozy. I would have had this done, but I was at my sister's house and she only had Corona beer. Which has a slightly different shaped bottle than most beer. So I wasn't sure how tall to knit it before I started the neck decreases. I should be able to get this done, now that I am at home and have normal beer bottles to compare it to!

The other nice thing about this break from knitting my cardi is that my wrists have recovered! So I should be able to make some progress on that too. Although I plan on breaking up my cardi knitting time a bit more than I was, so as to give my wrists a break from the huge yarn and needles.....

Ciao