Sunday, November 02, 2008

Adventures In Cooking..or...My Attempt at a 3 Course Meal

The menu plan for tonight was as follows:

First course: Cream of Broccoli Soup
Second Course: Saltimbocca
Third course: Cake

I started out well. I chopped up the celery & onion and sauteed them.
Then I added the broccoli and let it soften.
I pureed it and added the thickened milk. Voila! Cream of broccoli soup.

It was pretty good. Next time more creamy and less broccoli, I think.

Next, the saltimbocca. I pinned the prosciutto to the veal scallop with a toothpick

I fast fried the veal in a dollop of olive oil with a bit of butter. Then I deglazed the pan with some wine and another bit of butter for the sauce. Finished saltimbocca!

( I took the picture after I ate a piece!) This too was good. This recipe needs no adjustment!

Last was the cake. I figured I needed an easy one, after all the fancy cooking. So I thought I'd try a dump cake for the first time.


For some reason, the cake mix on top did not absorb the liquid. So it was still very floury. not yummy. That was a dismal failure and got thrown out.

Ah well, 3 new recipes and only one was a failure. Overall, I'd say that's a pretty good score!