Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Surprise! Not.....

You're Part Diva

You know that a girl's gotta work it to get her way in the world.
And while you aren't about to throw a tantrum at every turn...
You do amp up the drama when you know you need it.
You mix charm, honesty, and kindness to get ahead.
Just to make my life interesting, Pagan decided to come down with a bladder infection. The hell of it is that a cat can't tell you they feel bad or why they feel bad. All I saw was that she was off her feed. She was still eating, just not like her usual vacuum-cleaner self. Finally saw her trying to pee in the bathtub. (Ick. I know) At least that told me what the problem was. Naturally that was after the vet closed. While I have called the vet for emergency visits, this didn't qualify. Got up early on my day off, called the vet the minute they opened and brought kitty in. While I was there, I asked them to look at her eye. Pagan has an eye that is prone to periodic infections. Sure enough, it is infected and irritated. Lovely.
So now, twice a day for the next 14 days I get to pin her down, put two different drops in her eyes and give her antibiotic drops. Oddly enough, she fights me on the eyedrops, but doesn't seem to mind having the anitbiotic squirted in her mouth. Go figure.
Gotta go, as resident pharmacist I have to administer the meds....(I think my husband just uses that as an excuse to get out of giving the cat her meds himself!)
Ciao