Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Shale

Do not adjust your monitors. This IS the 3rd post in 3 days. Do not be shocked. Also, do not get used to it. Eh, I had something to say for 3 days in a row. How odd....anyhoo, here you are!

I was wandering around the intertubez the other day looking for a stitch I could do in the round. I want to make my self a pair of fingerless gloves. Long fingerless gloves. I stumbled across an old stitch called shale stitch. Which, it turns out is feather and fan. So I knit a bit up to see if I liked it. I think I like it. It is a simple pattern that gives some very dramatic results. Just what I was wanting.

I think it is a little big. The pattern is such that I can't just decrease by a few stitches. So I am going to use smaller needles instead. Naturally, I don't seem to own any. All the ones I can find are teeny tiny sock needles. Not something to attempt sport-weight yarn with. Sadly, this means I will have to make a trip to my LYS. Sad. Right. Did any of you buy that?


Off to shop!


Ciao