Monday, September 29, 2008

Quad

Tired of seeing mitred squares yet? I am....So, I am going to show them to you anyway! Bwahaha. Okay, that's a pretty weak ebil laugh, but it's all I can muster right now.

I actually quite like the colours of the latest square:
I am a little peeved at my delivery person for the flyers in my area. normally, I get a bundle of flyers once a week. In this bundle is a flyer for Michael's craft store. With a coupon for 40% off stuff. I rarely use it, as I am not going to buy stuff jsut because it was cheap. This week, I could have used it. Naturally this is the week my delivery person fucked off. What do I need. you ask? See the following picture?

Blocking pins! I only have enough to do 3 squares at a time. Which means it is going to take weeks to block them out at that rate. So I need to get more pins. Just for giggles, I started blocking them yesterday. Even at 3 at a time, it'll mean those 3 are done, right? RIGHT???

At the moment I can't leave the house. I am waiting for the fridge repair guy to come by. Last week the temp in the fridge went up to 48 degrees. Correct temp for a fridge is 33-38F. (why yes, I have a thermometer in my fridge. Doesn't everyone?) We had to crank the thermostat in the fridge almost to the top setting to get it down to where it should be. It still hovers around 38. Not too high, but certainly almost too high. Anyway, when we bought the fridge, we got a package whereby we get a free service call once a year until 2012, I think it was. So this is my call. The irritating part is that the time window they gave for the service call was 8-4pm. So I had to make sure I was up and dressed (sweatpants is dressed, right?) and have my hearing aids in so I can hear the guy when he comes by. If he comes by this morning. When I am normally ,on my days off, still in my pj's and bathrobe, with uncombed hair and no hearing aids.

Sigh. The joys of adulthood.

ciao