Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Lunch

So, I left you all hanging the other day. How did my experimental lunch go? As a reminder, I found the recipe on Nutritional Knits. I took some veggies, in this case, onion, garlic, celery, carrot and zucchini. Cut them up and cooked them in a bit of olive oil with a dab of butter. I then packed it up and brought it to work along with a raw egg and a tortilla shell. Then I heated up the veggies in the microwave. Next I cooke dthe egg. Yes, you cando that in a microwave. Make sure you poke a hole or 2 in the yoke, though. Cover with a papertowel or something just in case it spits. Then nuke the tortilla for about 10 seconds. Assemble.Then eat. Yum. Repeat as needed. This turned out really well and I will be doing this again!

In knitting news, I decided to frog the test knit lace sock back to the ankle. The lace was wonky there and I can't live with it. Fortuitously, I hadn't taken out the lifeline I had put in at the beginning of the ankle. I frogged it and put the stitches back on the needle. Somehow I got an extra stitch, but I will figure that out tomorrow.

Ciao