Monday, November 27, 2006

Staying Young

They say that if you stop learning, you get old. They also say that making your brain do things it hasn't done before keeps it "supple". I'm not sure who "they" are, but it makes sense that if you don't use it, you lose it. However, most of the brain workouts tell you to do pointless things like this:

Read the following colours aloud. Not the word, the colour. Blue Green Red Orange
Just for example.

Yup, the above will make you think, but does it sound like FUN? In an effort to keep what I got and hopefully gain a little bit, in order to exercise MY brain I am going to try toe-up socks. With a short row heel. Two things I have never done. AND it's not pointless. At the end I will have me a new pair of socks! Made out of this:

Talk about yummy....errr...educational, yeah, that's the ticket...

That's Fleece Artist Merino in the colourway "Indian Summer".

And, yup, that boring backdrop is my kitchen counter. With the daylight going so fast, that's about the only place I can take pictures without the flash on. Brace yourselves, that's what you'll be seeing a lot of this winter. But the Fleece Artist yarn makes up for it a little bit. I hope.

Ciao