Sunday, April 22, 2007

Da Da Da Dum!

I present to you.....Raspy!


Pattern: Raspy from Rowan's Denim People. Size medium.

Yarn: Rowan Denim in Nashville. (the darkest colour) 12 balls and a bit.

Needles: Denise Interchangeables sizes as described in pattern. (I got gauge!)

I liked this knit and I'm pleased with the result. The sleeves are just a touch long, but it doesn't really bother me. The yarn came out of the wash faded and tweedy looking. If you are curious as to how much the yarn shrunk, here is a (crappy) before pic:

I finished knitting at night and wanted to wash it right away. But if you look at where the sweater finishes in contrast to my left hand, you can see how much it shrunk.

I am now going to wash my Raspy a kabillion times in order to make it fade and wear like denim.

I also realized that I still haven't knit up a camera case for my digital camera. I don't want to go on vacation and just throw it in my purse. I was going to knit a small "sock" for it. No time. Hmmmm, don't I have a partner-less sock upstairs?


Why yes, I do! Excellent. Five minutes of work with scissors, needle and thread gave me this:

However, I can't show you the camera inside it's new home, 'cause the picture would be pretty dark *grin*

I still plan to knit up a case for my camera, but this is ready now for my vacation!

Ciao