Monday, June 23, 2008

Sewing




I started and finished my curtains for the dining room yesterday. There was some swearing, I will admit. Mostly at Raven when he kept trying to help. Not useful when there are straight pins all over the place....

At any rate, the new curtain is done! First, the old curtain:
As you can see, there is quite alot of light coming through these curtains. This was a problem with the way the tv now sits. During the day, almost half the screen was obscured, depending on where you sat.
Here are the new curtains! You can see a little bit of light leaking around the edges, especially on the left side of the picture. That is pretty much all the light leakage, though. It can be fixed by tweaking he curtain over. That picture was taken without flash so you could see the light issue. Below is the curtain taken with the flash.

Shiny, ain't it?

All in all, I'm quite pleased. I did line it with curtain blackout material and the result is quite all I could hope for!

Project one complete!

Ciao