Monday, February 21, 2011

Infinitude

A friend's birthday is fast approaching, so I needed a fast, fun knit for her. I also really liked this pattern, so the combination is a WIN! in my books. The pattern is Infinitude, an 'infinity scarf'. In other words, a big knit circle. The pattern comes in 2 sizes, I knit the larger one because I like drama.
Laid out to dry after it's bath:
LCCSmallswamp
Wrapped 3 times around the neck:
LCCSmallswamp
Wrapped twice around:
LCCSmallswamp
And a last, out of focus shot (sorry!) of how long it is:

LCCSmallswamp

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb, it took a whole hank and about half of the next, so 300 yards-ish for the larger size scarf.

This took me about a week to knit up, with interruptions for, oh, work, eating, sleeping, migraines, you know.....life.

I am now tempted to make another for me. Although I have 2 new cowls I just knit!

ciao