Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'll Sleep On It

Like many peope, I have a spouse who snores. This interrupts my beauty rest. So I keep buying new pillows in the hope it will curtail the noise. Latest experment was a buckwheat pillow. Supposedly, it gives better support to the neck and keeps it in a neutral position. Tried it. Husband hated it. I was curious so I tried it.

In the past, I have slept on hard pillows. I do not like it. My ear will occasionally hurt even if I am sleeping on a feather pillow. So sleeping on what was essentially a beanbag seemed rather...dubious.

The pillow I bought was the $20 buckwheat pillow from the showcase store at the mall. You know the store...the one that sells all the 'Made for tv' stuf like Bumpits etc....

To sleep on the beanbag pillow, the instructions say to smooth out the surface and then make a shallow bowl in the cente. then lie down on the pillow and pull firmly to the shoulders.

I did that. I slept wonderfully! I didn't hear the hubby snoring. I eally likemy pillow. If my ear feels a little tender, I simply push some of the stuffing out to make a hollow for my ear.

I did find the $20 pillow a little small. So I bought a queen sized one. This one has a zipper in the side, so I could pull out some of the stuffing if it was too high.
Which I did wind up doing.

The verdict is that I sleep better on the buckwheat pillow. I love mine. Try it.