Friday, December 14, 2007

Lunch

Today Iwent into a sub shop to buy lunch. The guy in front of me appeared to have never been in a sub shop.

He didn't know what kind of sandwich he wanted. He didn't know what kind of bread he wanted. The clerk pointed out the sign that showed the bread choices. He said,"I'll have that one" and pointed at one of them. Ummm, idjit, the sign was cardboard. The sandwich artist can't see what you are pointing at. She picked up the sign and pointed at one and he said, "no, THAT one". and gestured vaguely at the sign again.

She was getting frustrated. I could see it. So I told her which one he had pointed at the first time so we could all get going and eat. (I get grumpy when I'm hungry and this fool was standing between me and lunch. NOT a good place to be)

I don't get it. He wasn't a new Canadian, so he didn't have that excuse. The sub shop was one of those huge chains, so the choices are the usual ones. So, why, oh WHY did he not seem to know his way around a freaking sandwich?

Moral of the story: Don't wait till you are ravenous to get lunch. A fool might be in front of you in the line!